The BoardConnect Diversity & Inclusion Advisory Committee is developing a new program, in partnership with nonprofits, to create more equitable nonprofit organizations by increasing the diversity of nonprofit boards to better reflect the communities that they serve.
By including varied experience-based perspectives and competencies, nonprofit boards will have the insights needed to make more informed decisions and avoid the potential blind spots of homogenous teams. The program is intended to help nonprofits improve board governance, and thereby enhance performance, through diversity.
Stay tuned for more information. Our Advisory Committee is working to make this program available in early 2021.
The Diversity & Inclusion Advisory Committee members are:
- Toni-Anne Blake, Antronix, NonProfitConnect Board Chair
- Traslyn Butler, Princeton University, NonProfitConnect Board Member
- Adriana Abizideh, Catalyst Consulting Group
- Karen Andrade-Mims, The Father Center of New Jersey
- Zoe Brookes, Oomen Brookes LLC
- Dr. Bok Jeong, Kean University
- Jeffrey Key, Nfinity Enterprises
- Monisha Kumar, Bank of America, Merrill Lynch (Retired)
- Chanelle Lester, The College of New Jersey
- Yvette R. Murry, YRM Consulting
- Dr. Rena Patel, Meridian Patents LLC
- Sara Pena, Center for Hispanic Policy, New Jersey Department of State
- Dr. Antonino Scarpati, The College of New Jersey
- Sandra Toussaint, United Way of Greater Mercer County
Sign up for our mailing list to join our inaugural session